affidavit of support income requirements 2019

The I-134 Affidavit of Support is the first income form that must be submitted as part of the initial process to bring a beneficiary fiancé(e) from a foreign country into the United States.

The poverty guidelines for the affidavit of support have been updated by the USCIS. Income Requirements to Sponsor an Immigrant for a U.S. Green Card One of the U.S. government's main concerns with regard to family-based immigration is whether the new immigrants will have enough financial backup to live in the U.S. without needing help from the government, which is why petitioner's must prepare an I-864. If the petitioning sponsor’s household income is insufficient to meet the requirements on Form I-864, Affidavit of Support, he or she may enlist the additional support of a joint sponsor.

If you’re unsure of which form you should use, check out a helpful blog on the Difference Between Affidavit of Support Forms I-134 and I-864. There have been some new standards for 2019 that affect the Affidavit Support.

The USCIS uses a formula to determine your ability to support your family member. The Affidavit of Support is a contract between you and the United States government. Based on the table in Form I-864P, this income is more than 125 percent of the poverty guidelines for a household of eight in the state of California. ... Posted on July 4, 2019. Using Assets to Meet Income Requirements – Affidavit of Support If your “Total Household Income”, as specified in Question 24c, is equal to or more than the necessary income requirements as shown by the current federal poverty guidelines for your household size, … In the Affidavit of Support sample, the sponsor has a household income of $89,300. This form a little different than the one that you will fill out to adjust status, but it generally does the same thing. As of March 1, the minimum income requirements have increased.
So let’s take a look at the income requirement for the affidavit of support form I-134 and make sure you are financially able to sponsor your fiance(e).

Check out all you need to know about K-1 visa income requirements. 29 Mar 2019. Refer to instructions for Form I-864, Affidavit of Support, for detailed instructions on each of the above options.. What is a joint sponsor? In general, the requirements of an affidavit of support is that the income of your household must be at least 125% above the US poverty level for a household of your size.
If you’re ready to start filling out Form I-864, affidavit of support, you may be wondering how your sponsor may meet the income requirements … Updated Affidavit of Support Poverty Guidelines for 2019.