type 091 submarine

The Type 039A submarine (NATO reporting name: Yuan class) is a class of diesel-electric submarine in China's People's Liberation Army Navy. It is China's first AIP powered submarine and presumed to be one of the quietest diesel-electric submarine classes in service. The Type 091 (Chinese designation: 09-I; NATO reporting name: Han class) is a first generation nuclear attack submarine produced by the People's Republic of China. The Type 091 (or Type 09-I, NATO codename: Han class) is China’s 1st-generation nuclear-powered attack submarine built by Huludao-based Bohai Shipyard. They were the first nuclear-powered submarine employed by the People's Liberation Army Navy Submarine Force, and the first indigenously

The Type 091 (Chinese designation: 09-I; NATO reporting name: Han class) is a first generation nuclear attack submarine produced by the People's Republic of China.They were the first nuclear-powered submarine employed by the People's Liberation Army Navy Submarine Force, and the first indigenously produced nuclear attack submarines in Asia. The 4,500/5,500-ton Type 091 (US Department of Defense designation Han-class, Chinese designation 09-I) was the first nuclear-powered submarine (SSN) class deployed by the People's Liberation Army Navy.The first Chief Designer of the submarine was an engineer and scientist of nuclear propulsion engineering Mr. Peng Shilu (), then in 1983 succeeded by Mr. Huang Xuhua (黄旭华). A total of five Type 091 submarines have been constructed between 1967 and 1990, of which three still remain in active service today.